Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

LeJour: The Precise World of Chronographs Manual...

 I recently purchased a LeJour:The Precise World of Chronographs Manual off of eBay. I just finished scanning the manual and posted it within an HTML framework for everyone's viewing convenience.

Enjoy!

-- Chuck

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello

I'd like to know a little more about lejour watches..It seems like some are collectable.can you provide some info on this brand? thanx

Monday, August 20, 2007 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck Maddox said...

Howdy,

I really don't know much about the company/brand other than they were in operation in the 1960's through early 1980's [at the very least] and they seemed to specialize in economy priced versions of watches similar to Heuer and Porsche Design/Orfina offerings. I own a couple and they seem to be very nice watches for the price, but they do/did not seem to have much of a "corporate presence" or history behind them.

I mean, there is not even a mention of them on http://horology.org/ht-brand.html page of brands...

Sorry I don't know more...

-- Chuck

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really a good blog for lejour watches. I'm using Rolex Replica Watch because I never compromise with quality against prices. But i always admire if the Rolex offer some more attractive designs in the watch ranges.
I bought my watch from - http://www.swissprecise.com
Thanks for this blog

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I was just surfing around and came across your scans. Thanks, I appreciate it. I have this model as well as two other Le Jour chronographs and have considered them to be of excellent value. This link http://onthedash.com/docs/LeJour.shtml
may shed some light on the source of some of Le Jour's watches. At least this article states that this model was made by Heuer and is identical to the Heuer Pasadena. I also have seen Yema models that were identical to Le Jour and even shared the same name. Hope this helps. Thanks again for the scans.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home